Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Brothers, We Are Not Professionals: A Plea to Pastors for Radical MinistryBrothers, We Are Not Professionals: A Plea to Pastors for Radical Ministry by John Piper

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


A very good book on what pastoral ministry should be about. Numerous chapters challenged my priorities. A worthwhile read for any man going in the ministry or any lay person who wants to pray effectively for their pastor. I agree with another reviewer that his chapter on worship was most frustrating. I also didn't like how he quoted himself at the beginning of each chapter. That seemed odd.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Let the saints be joyful in glory, let them sing aloud on their beds, let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two edged sword in their hand, to execute vengeance on the nations, and punishments on the peoples; to bind the kings with chains and their nobles with fetters of iron. Psalm 149:5-8