Friday, November 11, 2011

Book Review: To You and Your Children

To You and Your Children: Examining the Biblical Doctrine of Covenant SuccessionTo You and Your Children: Examining the Biblical Doctrine of Covenant Succession by Benjamin K. Wikner
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Not all essays in here are 5 stars, but most of them are very good, especially if someone is trying to get a big picture view of covenant succession. The essays that had the most impact on me were Robert Rayburns' on the Promise of Grace, Nelson Kloosterman's on Proverbs 22:6, Tim Bayly's on the Emasculation of the church, and Randy Booth's on how to pick up the pieces when parenting has gone wrong. It is odd that a lot of times books like these are accused of producing parents who presume upon God. My response to this book was gratitude for God's grace in covering my sin and gratitude for God's Spirit to guide me as I parent my children.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Let the saints be joyful in glory, let them sing aloud on their beds, let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two edged sword in their hand, to execute vengeance on the nations, and punishments on the peoples; to bind the kings with chains and their nobles with fetters of iron. Psalm 149:5-8