Friday, March 11, 2011

Book Review: What is Worship Music?

What Is Worship Music?: Basics of the Faith SeriesWhat Is Worship Music?: Basics of the Faith Series by Paul S. Jones

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


A brief (38 pages) introduction to some parameters for worship music. The author comes from the reformed perspective, which I agree with. He had many good points, that were clearly stated and provided food for thought as I prepare the liturgy for my church. The one thing I wish he would have addressed more clearly was the use of instruments in the service. I think the book would be helpful for anyone trying to get a general grasp on what our theological priorities should be as we worship.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Let the saints be joyful in glory, let them sing aloud on their beds, let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two edged sword in their hand, to execute vengeance on the nations, and punishments on the peoples; to bind the kings with chains and their nobles with fetters of iron. Psalm 149:5-8